- Analyse the resulting testing and characterisation data, in a Test Report. Propose new tests and improvements, if needed, that will lead to a representative and robust material or part analysis.
- Characterize microstructure, defects and properties of additively manufactured metallic components (e.g., observed through Scanning Electron Microscopy)
- Assess metallic powder degradation and establish procedures for powder recycling (mechanical, chemical, heat etc.)
- Define, establish and perform material and component pre- and post- processing techniques, including surface finishing and heat treatments for additively manufactured metallic components.
- Support new metal powder alloy development as feedstock in Additive Manufacturing activities (Selective Laser Melting/Laser Powder Bed Fusion) to assure part quality and properties meet product specifications and customer expectation.
- Work with the process and application engineers to select and set characterization techniques required to support component production.
- Work with cross-discipline team to define requirements for 3D metal printing process, materials and hardware.
- Experience in conducting hands-on experimental research
- Have a hands-on approach and strong capabilities to problem-solving
- Contribution to the project management of research projects (keeping deadlines, develop timeline for effective and on time reporting)
- Contributing with new ideas in writing up new proposals for research funding opportunities
Candidate must have:
- Engineering background – Metallurgical/Mechanical Engineer or Material Scientist and/or PhD in Material Science
- Fluency in English: understanding, speaking, writing
- 1-3 years of experience in metallic material analysis
- Analytically strong and systematic problem-solving mentality and strong teaming abilities
What we offer:
- International working environment
- Early responsibilities within innovation projects
- Opportunity to learn and progress (trainings and seminars)
- Stimulating working environment
- A high degree of responsibility and independence
- A competitive remuneration package (Depending on relevant background and experience)
Candidates must enclose the following supporting documents in pdf format:
- Cover letter in English;
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Transcripts of all relevant academic degrees;
At least one recommendation letter.